We have updated the email reports system to bring you several enhancements and new features.
Enhanced report configuration
More setup options have been added to give you:
- The ability to apply saved filters. Applying more than one filter will generate multiple reports with each filter applied separately.
- The ability to specify the reporting period independently of how often the report is sent.
- Greater flexibility on sending times. For example: send the report at 9am on the second Monday of each month for 3 months. You can even set your start date in the past and receive historical reports.
Reports on demand
Each report config section now includes an ‘Email me now’ button that allows you to select a date range and generate a report straight away.
The new Group reports feature enables you to separately configure and group several of your individual reports together in one bulk email.
To set this up you’ll first need to set up some standard email reports, you can leave these individual ones paused if you only want to receive them in the group report.
When you’ve set up your standard reports click the ‘Group reports’ tab at the top of the page then click the ‘Add group report’ button. You can then set up the configuration for your grouped reports and choose which of your individual saved reports you want to be included.
We hope you find these new features useful. Please send us any feedback you may have.
We’ve recently launched version 2.0 of our User Information Web Service API’s.
This release now includes support for MT authentication; previously Bango had supported authentication by use of MO (text a word to a shortcode), but this release builds on that functionality, and adds a lot more to enable seamless authentication flows, regardless of the device, and even if on a non-mobile network connected device (think PC billing!)
As well as our patented word based authentication, we have now added support for a variety of other ways to authenticate your user; be it via a numeric PIN code, a CODE word, or a natural language word. With this in mind, you can also now pass a language-culture parameter, so that a word of “DOG” returned for en-US would be localized to “HUND” for de-DE.
We’re also building support for network discovery from MNC/MCC and IMSI identifiers where available on the device – at the moment this is a work in progress as we’re still mapping these to our internal Bango Network IDs. This is especially useful for In-App Payments, as it allows an up-front discovery check to be made before launching into authentication and payment flows, straight from the handset.
For more info, please go and read the API documentation in our newly launched KnowledgeBase.
Posted in APIs, Development, Integration, Web Services
Tagged API, authentication, Identity, IMSI, localization, MCC, MNC, MT, new version, release, UserInformation
We have added a new page to allow Content Providers to view, cancel and revoke subscriptions via the Bango Management Tools.
Subscriptions can be searched based on User ID, Subscription ID, start date range and mobile phone number. Results include all active and cancelled subscriptions so you can see a complete history for each user.
To access the new page login to your package and go to the Finances tab, then select ‘Subscriptions’ from the left-hand menu.
We are pleased to announce that the December update to Bango Analytics will soon be released.
Please see below the list of the changes.
- We have improved the Email Report functionality to provide download links when a report is too big to be sent as an email attachment – instead, you will receive an email with a link to a download page.
- All standard reports now show you when a report was run. You will find this information on-screen under the summary data, and on the CSV and Excel export reports.
The Bango Development team is preparing another Bango Analytics release full of new features and improvements. This time we’ve been focusing on performance improvements, so we can deliver your reports to you as fast as possible!
Here’s a list of the highlights:
- We have made a number of improvements to how the filters operate. We have reduced the amount of traffic generated by the filters and will also now cache filters. Along with other behind-the-scenes changes to filter operation, this should make it quicker to set up and apply filters.
- We have improved the app analytics reports caching as well, so if your app hasn’t sent new data to our system, a report that has been previously run doesn’t need to be refreshed.
- We have added the capability to select up to 5 dimensions in all multi-dimension reports.
We are pleased to announce that version 3.1 of the Analytics Web Service is now available and would like to tell you about the changes we’ve made.
More information for reporting
We’ve added more information to the traffic and app events reports. We have added custom parameters to both reports and browser and OS information to the traffic report.
Filter your payment and traffic reports for a specific Bango number
You can now filter your payment and traffic reports by Bango number. The Bango number parameter is optional so if it’s not provided your reports will be unfiltered as before.
We have added new methods to give you information about the most recent data available for web and app analytics reporting.
You can find the integration guide on our Knowledge base here.
We are soon to launch Payforit version 4 for users and content providers on all UK networks.
For those who’ve not heard of Payforit before, it’s a scheme developed by the UK networks to provide a consistent standard for making mobile payments, with aim of improving consumer confidence. It supports interfaces for making one off, subscriptions, and charitable payments. The basic premise for Payforit is a set of UI and content guidelines which dictate how the payment experience should look and what details should be include. Below is an example of an old Payforit version 3 payment screen.